MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR KETO MEALS
How to Make The Most of Keto
In the realm of nutritional strategies, keto meal preparation emerges as the MVP, catering to athletes and enthusiasts alike. These meticulously crafted meals blend convenience with metabolic prowess, offering sustained energy and mental clarity – crucial elements in the game of performance. It’s not just a dietary choice; it’s a strategic move, aligning with the needs of those navigating the demanding field of modern life. With high-fat, low-carb precision, keto meal prep proves to be a game-changer, providing athletes with the fuel they need for peak performance, wrapped in the convenience of a well-balanced plate.
Pre-prepared meals offer a strategic advantage for gym enthusiasts. These carefully crafted meals provide a hassle-free solution, saving time and ensuring precise nutritional intake. With balanced macronutrients, they support muscle growth, aid recovery, and optimize energy levels. Convenience becomes a training ally, allowing focus on workouts rather than meal planning, making pre-prepared meals an integral part of a successful gym routine.
Determining your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)
- Calculate your TDEE using an online calculator or by using a formula like the Harris-Benedict equation, which takes into account your age, gender, weight, height, and activity level.
- Your TDEE represents the total number of calories you burn in a day, including exercise and normal daily activities.
Adjust Calories for Goals
- If you’re looking to maintain weight, aim to consume calories equal to your TDEE.
- If you’re looking to lose weight, create a calorie deficit by consuming fewer calories than your TDEE.
- If you’re looking to gain weight (muscle), create a calorie surplus by consuming more calories than your TDEE.
- On a ketogenic diet, the macronutrient breakdown typically involves high fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrates.
- A common ratio is 70-75% of calories from fat, 20-25% of calories from protein, and 5-10% of calories from carbohydrates.
- For example, if your TDEE is 2000 calories per day:
- 70% of 2000 = 1400 calories from fat
- 20% of 2000 = 400 calories from protein
- 10% of 2000 = 200 calories from carbohydrates
Calculate Specific Macronutrient Intake
- Fat provides 9 calories per gram, so divide the calories from fat by 9 to get grams of fat.
- Protein provides 4 calories per gram, so divide the calories from protein by 4 to get grams of protein.
- Carbohydrates also provide 4 calories per gram, so divide the calories from carbohydrates by 4 to get grams of carbohydrates.
- Utilise our meal-plans to eat whole, nutrient-dense foods.
- Focus on healthy sources of fat such as avocados, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and fatty fish.
- Include moderate amounts of lean protein sources like chicken, turkey, beef, and eggs.
- Limit carbohydrates to non-starchy vegetables like leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers.
Monitor and Adjust
- Track your food intake using a food diary or app to ensure you’re meeting your macronutrient goals.
- Monitor your progress towards your fitness goals and adjust your caloric intake as needed.
- Listen to your body and make adjustments based on how you feel and perform during workouts.
Remember, individual calorie and macronutrient needs can vary based on factors such as metabolism, activity level, and goals, so it’s important to tailor your intake to your specific needs.
Keto butter chicken curry with cauliflower rice
Available as part of our keto meal plan subscriptions is our Keto Butter Chicken Curry. This symphony of succulent chicken bathed in a rich, high-fat sauce delivers an indulgent experience on your plate – flavour without compromise, high in protein and low in carbohydrates in true keto style.
Rump Steak & Pak Choi
Rump Steak & Pak Choi: A low-carb duet that transcends simplicity. Picture succulent rump steak, perfectly seared, alongside crisp pak choi, a marriage of textures and flavors that sings on the palate. It’s not just a low-carb keto indulgence; it’s celebrating the art of simplicity, a homage to mindful eating while being big on flavour.
How does it work?
Our ordering system is simple
You select meals from our delicious menu
Our chefs cook and we deliver your meals
Heat your food up and enjoy at your convenience
''So tasty, never lets me down and all I have to wash up is the fork''
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not use any artificial or chemical preservatives. We use natural recyclable packaging and novel vacuum packing technology, which removes air from the food tray and gives each meal a 10 day refrigerated shelf life. You can find a “use by” date on the back of each meal on the nutrition label.
All meals are designed to be heated in the microwave. Specific instructions are included on the labeling of the individual meals.
Meals must be refrigerated immediately between 1-5°C upon opening when delivered
We cannot cater for specific allergies as we batch cook our food. Please see ingredients prior to ordering, they are listed on each meal.